Nurturing Tomorrow’s Leaders Today
Leaders Are Our Legacy!
Last summer we gathered 9 of our church-planting families for a 4-Day vacation in Gatlinburg TN. We called this our Family Reunion. We had 61 of our leaders and their families join us!
The kids ate at least a box of candy each, and with their families enjoyed hiking, fishing, go-carting, miniature golfing, zip-lining, white water rafting, swimming, S’mores, billiards and ping pong, blowing bubbles, shopping, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not and the other Gatlinburg attractions. Everyone had a ball!
Why would Nexus do this? We do this because “Leaders Are Our Legacy!” We nurture church-planting leaders and their families because they are the legacy we leave behind. We do start churches… but we do that by finding and caring for the church-planting families.
This year our Family Reunion will be in Branson MO, June 11-14. We have over 70 scheduled to join us this year… be praying for the leaders and their families as we gather… We look at the children when we are together and wonder how many young church planters are being nurtured and developed in our midst?
|Doyle Kinney (Love OK Director) mentoring a future church planter (or church planter wife).|
The second half of 2014 was a busy season for church planting… we launched 5 new churches in six months:
- Restore Christian Church, Blanchard OK;
- Connection Christian Church, Columbus NE;
- Journey Church, Elgin TX;
- Courageous Grace Fellowship, Mesquite TX; and
- CoastPointe Church, Dickenson TX.
- Catalyst of Austin, Steve Blake, Austin TX
- Living Faith Church, Barry Hendrick, North Denver Suburbs
- Christ’s Church of Labette County, Blade Dilldine, Altamont KS
- a new Hispanic church in downtown Albuquerque NM, in partnership with New City Church, Abiel Diaz